Liopa is searching for a talented and driven Senior R&D Engineer to join its growing team and help us to expand the breadth and depth of our leading-edge A.I. technology. The suitable person will have a relevant degree and preferably an applicable post graduate qualification. With at least 2 years’ experience of machine learning development in an industrial setting, and a demonstrated ability to complete tasks quickly and without supervision, they will also possess excellent inter-personal skills and be a self-starter.
This role is part of Liopa’s Research & Development Team and will support the scientific functions of the company including deep neural network design and development. Occasional travel to support the needs of the business may be necessary from time to time.
The role will involve:
- Working within our R&D team to develop neural network models in TensorFlow for automatic visual speech recognition;
- Designing and implementing data harvesting and / or augmentation strategies;
- Working with the production team to help transfer the models from a lab environment to a production environment;
- Developing tools, scripts and modules with appropriate documentation;
- Keeping up-to-date with relevant developments in the wider research community.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience:
- Experience with machine learning, specifically deep learning, for classification problems
- Very proficient in programming with one of Python, C++, Java or R
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Keras and/or TensorFlow
- Signal processing experience, working with audio, images and/or video
- Knowledge or experience of speech processing technologies
- Experience of working in teams on large projects
- Experience and/or a desire to work in a start-up environment
To apply please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.